Thursday, July 5, 2012

Canadian Book Challenge


First I saw the post at Mysteries in Paradise that summarized Kerrie's completion of the Canadian Book Challenge 5. I visited the blog hosting that challenge: The Book Mine Set. And decided this would be a good challenge.

Besides the fact that exploring books by Canadian authors will be interesting, I like this challenge because it begins in July 2012 and ends in June 2013. Since many challenges go through the normal calendar year, this will be a little different. I will probably stick to the mystery genre for my reading for this challenge. I know of several authors that I already read or have books by: Peter Robinson, Howard Engel, L. R. Wright, Allen Bradley, Louise Penny, Inger Ash Wolfe, Giles Blunt.

Then I saw a post at Peggy Ann's Post and she has decided to join the challenge too. This motivated me to actually write up a post committing to the challenge.

The challenge requires that you aim at reading 13 or more Canadian books in the year that the challenge runs. There are lots of rules but this is an overview:

What is a Canadian book?
Canadian books can include any genre or form (picture books, poetry, novels, non-fiction, plays, anthologies, graphic novels, cookbooks, etc), can be written by Canadian authors (by birth or immigration) or about Canadians.

Reviews are required to count toward the challenge. But there are lots of ways to post them. A blog is not necessary.

Go over to the Canadian Book Challenge 6 rules post to check it out.

3 comments:

Mary R. said...

Thanks for pointing me to this challenge. I'm intrigued!

Peggy Ann said...

Tracy I'm so glad you joined too! Can't wait to find all the new authors I've never heard of to read! And a few old friends too:)

John Mutford said...

We've had a few people take an all-mystery approach to the challenge over the years, and as it's not a genre I'm all that familiar with, it's been a real eye-opener for me. On that note, very glad to have you on board and I look forward to discovering even more new-to-me authors!