Saturday, November 3, 2012

R.I.P. VII Wrap Up Post


I read five books and watched two perilous movies for the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VII event. That event celebrates reading books of mystery and suspense and viewing films (or TV) in the same area.

This was a fun event for me and I am glad I joined in. I enjoyed visiting the R.I.P. Review Site where participants posted links to any book or screen posts related to this event.

The books I read for this event were...
  1. The One from the Other by Philip Kerr
  2. Lament for the Bride by Helen Reilly 
  3. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
  4. The Tattoo Murder Case by Akimitsu Takagi
  5. The House Without a Key by Earl Derr Biggers
I viewed two films for this event and both were a little out of my comfort level. I like action movies, but tension and lots of suspense are not what I am looking for in a movie. As usual, after I have watched the movie, I can look back and appreciate its good points. The films I viewed for this event were...Shutter Island and Rear Window. You can check out my posts to see my reaction to them.


1 comment:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Those books are all new to me but SHUTTER ISLAND was one heck of a movie — I didn't see it coming till the end of the film. REAR WINDOW will always remain a classic.