Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chunkster Challenge 2013




Another 2013 Reading Challenge I plan to participate in. Last year I joined and read four chunky books. Each book has to be 450 pages or more in length and must be adult literature, non-fiction or fiction. No audio books or e-books (there are some exceptions). The complete rules and sign-up post is HERE.

I am signing up for the Chubby Chunkster level (4 BOOKS). I am definitely dabbling. I am enjoying reading shorter books in the last month, and I think such long books will be an exception for me.

I am already planning to read these two books, and both are over 650 pages:
The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox (fiction, historical mystery)
The Third Reich in Power by Richard J. Evans (non-fiction, history)
Some other possibilities, according to my book cataloging system:
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Alienist by Caleb Carr
Blackout by Connie Willis
A Carrion Death by Michael Stanley
My choices... reviews will be linked when written


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Tracy - how many challenges does that come to. I'm going to guess and say 15 but I bet it's more!

TracyK said...

I haven't counted but my guess would be the same as yours. The only negative thing about all the challenges is that none cover the continuing series I want to read and catch up with. So I will try to do both and not stress about it. The watchword for reading this year is FUN.

Anonymous said...

very ambitious! i think the song of ice & fire series are the only books i've read that are that long.

TracyK said...

I prefer shorter books but I do have quite a few long ones, so the challenge motivates me to read a few throughout the year.