Sunday, January 20, 2013

What's in a Name 6

You can tell from the title that this challenge is in its 6th year. However, this is the first year that I will attempt the What's in a Name Challenge, hosted at Beth Fish Reads. The challenge is to read six books, each with a specific word or item in the title.


Between January 1 and December 31, 2013, read one book in each of the following categories:
1. A book with up or down (or equivalent) in title
2. A book with something you'd find in your kitchen in title
3. A book with a party or celebration in title
4. A book with fire (or equivalent) in title
5. A book with an emotion in title
6. A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in title

Other Things to Know

  • Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
  • Books may overlap other challenges.
  • Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
  • Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
  • You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
  • You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
For more explanation and to sign up, go HERE.  It's never too late to join!

I will list the books I read here:
The Last Houseparty by Peter Dickinson
Forty Words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt


4 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Tracy, in all how many challenges have you enrolled for? I can see you're going to read an awful lot of books this year. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Tracy - I really admire you for embarking on so many challenges! Wow! I'll be interested to see how you approach this one.

TracyK said...

I haven't counted yet, although I am guessing around 15. I really plan for this to be the last one, although I plan to take part in a Social Justice theme read in February and a fantasy event in the Spring.

TracyK said...

This challenge was attractive, I find this type of thing fun, but I didn't sign until I saw that I already had at least 4 covered with books I plan to read this year anyway. Really I am not pushing myself too hard.