Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mount TBR 4th Quarter Check-up and Final Wrap-up


As 2013 draws to a close, Bev at My Reader's Block requests our summaries of how we did in the year, regarding attacking the TBR stacks. In the year, I read a total of 48 books from my TBR stacks. My goal had only been 36 books, thus I exceeded my goal.


These are the books I read for this challenge in October, November, and December:
  1. The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie
  2. Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
  3. White Nights by Ann Cleeves
  4. Dark Star by Alan Furst
  5. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
  6. Bones and Silence by Reginald Hill
  7. Hard Currency by Stuart M. Kaminsky
  8. Instruments of Darkness by Robert Wilson
  9. Silver Pigs by Lindsey Davis
  10. Murder in Belleville by Cara Black

Bev also asked us to complete this little quiz:
My Life According to Mount TBR: Using the titles of the books you read this year, please associate each statement with a book read on your journey up the Mountain.
It was a stretch with the list of books I read, but for once I made the effort.
Are you male or female?:  The Case of the Angry Actress
Describe yourself: Devil in a Blue Dress
Describe where you currently live: The Stately Home Murder
If you could go anywhere where would you go?: The Broken Shore
Your favorite form of transportation: 
The Mystery of the Blue Train 
What's the weather like?:  Silence of the Rain
Favorite time of day?:
White Nights
Your relationships:
Kaleidoscope 
You fear:  Daemons Are Forever
What is the best advice you have to give?:  Take The Nearest Exit 
If you could change your name, you would change it to:  Roseanna
My soul's present condition: Mind's Eye

Although I have not formally joined in yet, I will be taking part in this challenge for 2014, because I am always trying to work away at the books I already have rather than buy and read new ones.

4 comments:

neer said...

These are impressive figures indeed. I am still struggling up Pike's Peak.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Tracy, I assume you read more books over and above the 48 books from your TBR pile. Either way I can see you've had a great reading year.

TracyK said...

Neer, I cannot decide what level I will aim for in 2014. I think I will read less books because I have some longer ones to read, but I still like to read at least half of my books (for a year) from my TBR pile. And I plan to buy a lot less books in 2014.

TracyK said...

Prashant, I have had a good reading year in 2013. I read over 100 books total, and that is very, very unusual for me.